No Words!! What could be better?? Use as a go-with for burgers, fries, chicken, anything!
• 15 ounces tomato sauce (organic when possible)
• 1 5-ounce can tomato paste (organic when possible)
• 2-3 Tbsp whiskey (I used Bourbon Whiskey)
• 2-3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire (ensure it’s vegan-friendly)
• optional: 1 tsp liquid smoke
• 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
1 Add all ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk to combine.
2 Cook until bubbly - about 5 minutes. Then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 15 more minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
3 Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more whiskey for a more boozy flavor, brown sugar for added sweetness, vinegar for more tang, and liquid smoke extra smokiness.
4 Transfer to a jar and let cool before putting lid on. Will keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 weeks (probably longer).
Serving size: ~2 Tbsp Calories: 24 Fat: .1g Carbohydrates: 4.6g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 196mg Fiber: .5g Protein: .5g