Try this lightened up version of a summer favorite and enjoy!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic blue agave
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat or oatmeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed to drain liquid
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. (Added Health Tip! Use a silicone pan to avoid adding extra oil)
- Whisk the oil, agave, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together until combined. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Fold in the zucchini and avoid overmixing!
- Spread batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remember that ovens vary so keep an eye on your bread!
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving. Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 5 days. This also makes a great banana bread, just replace the zucchini!
Meal Prep Tip: This bread freezes well for up to 3 months!