The tomato mixture with the tangy lemon marinade complement either grilled chicken breasts or thighs, or tuna steaks. Roast the tomatoes while the chicken or tuna marinates. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy this summer or all year long!
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken
- 1 Tb. grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 chicken or tuna pieces (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
Ingredients for Tomatoes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 Tb. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tb. capers
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare grill.
- Prepare chicken. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes each side or until done.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare tomatoes. Combine tomatoes with 2 tsps. oil in an 8-inch square baking dish; toss gently. Bake for 18 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Combine tomatoes, parsley and remaining ingredients, stirring gently. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Find more yummy & healthy summer recipes here!
5 Healthy Summer Habits - - READ MORE!
On-The-Go Summer Picnic Idead - -READ MORE!