Getting the Most from Massage
Try this tips from the American Massage Therapy Association to get the most from your massage sessions:
- Don’t eat immediately before your appointment.
- Be on time. If you arrive in a rush, it will take longer to get to a relaxed state.
- Report any discomfort during the session, whether it’s from the
- massage or related to the environment, e.g., room temperature or
- Quiet your mind by focusing on how the therapist’s touch feels.
- Don’t get off the table too quickly after the massage if you’re dizzy.
- Drink extra water after a session.
- Massage releases waste products and toxins from your muscles. Increasing your fluid intake lowers this toxicity and lessens the strain on filtering organs.
- Allow for some open, quiet time after your massage.
Learn more about massage at Sport&Health here